WOW - it's hard to believe I've only know this kid for 10 years!
(well in this life time anyway)
Somewhere along the way it has become a tradition that Jayden's birthdays involve WATER. In past years we have been to the lagoon, beach, local swimming pool and now this year he choose a friend to go to Wet 'n Wild with him.
He loves to be IN water and actually since he was a baby it's been hard to keep him dry. Here are some examples of Jay as a fast moving toddler and his love of water.
- One day we were at the temple for a wedding and he kept hopping into the fountain (fully clothed)
- Another day he stripped himself naked to swim in a puddle in his cousins backyard (breaststroke position)
- Aunty felicity always worried about him drowning in the bath tub at her place because he was obsessed with how long he could leave his head under water
- I have a few memories of our family going for a walk/picnic at the beach. Parents have stated something to this effect....."this is JUST a walk today. no swimming" - but he wrangles himself free and plunges himself into the surf
It really was a good thing that Nana insisted on him learning to swim from when he was a baby. And I think satisfying for Jayden now too because he won some ribbons at his first carnival a few months back.
ANYWAY Since it was school holidays we thought we'd try our hand at making a piƱata for the occasion. Really don't ever attempt one unless you seriously have nothing else to do.
And we were pretty happy with how these babies came out. We fussed heaps about what lollies to use for what and we were pleased in the end and thought you could totally tell they were suppose to be angry birds. right?
We had some trouble with the holes where we poked in the string. They ripped Out. I blame that on the tutorial I watched .... The next photo is dad performing a rescue operation ....
I painted it black and Jayden hand drew his features.....we had some friends and family come over to help us smash it up. (photos not organised yet - so you just get to see the happy birthday boy)











2 comments:
hahahaha! I had totally forgotten about J drowning in the bathtub! so funny! I do however still remember the naked breast stroke in the back yard! haha! good memories sis! Love that J! Hope he's enjoying being 10!! xo
Happy Belated Birthday Jayden!! Matthew just turned 11. I can't believe how fast they are growing!
Those Angry Bird cupcakes look amazing! Well done :D
Post a Comment